Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I won a trip. This will be interesting.

So, crazy true story.

Here I am, just minding my business and also writing a note to myself that I need to change my life.
Lo and behold my life is about to change.

Careful what you wish for, I've been told.

I don't want to jinx it; not sure how much I can say or whatever, but I won a trip to another country and my daughter will be my guest. I will miss some work, she will miss some school, we will pay some taxes.

First reaction - I can't do this. This is not me, just up and taking off to see the world. I can't afford it. I don't even have a current passport. I have food issues, what will I eat anyway, nope I can't go. Oh, and my knee has been bothering me. Nope, can't go. I don't have enough vacation time at work. No way. Gotta stay here in my current not all that exciting life and miss out on this.

But wait...
So I posed the question to my facebook friends. What would you do?

Then I waited.

GO.
I would not give it a second thought.
Take a chance.
GO.
Trip of a lifetime.

I better talk to my most trusted friend and advisor.
She said sounds like fun. GO.

I better ask my mom. I mean, I'm 50 years old, but still I better ask my mom. She's the traveler. She's been all over the world. She will know THE ANSWER.

GO.

Good Orderly Direction...seems to be guiding me and helping me feel the fear, and do it anyway. The papers are notarized, I need to send them tomorrow and then wait.

WAIT?

Yes. I will be patient and let go of control. I have some plans, I have to get the passport, I need to teach someone my job (parts of it anyway) and I need to work on limiting my spending for now so that I will be prepared.

Careful what you wish for.

No comments: