Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Less than a month and we will be in Ethiopia

So I just got off the phone with one of our hosts/traveling companions for the trip.

Did I mention my daughter and I are going on a trip?

We are waiting for Visas and flight information, and we are leaving for Ethiopia on Sunday November 13th 2011. We will be there for a week, visiting a community getting clean water for the first time. Amazing. There will be videographers documenting this, so next spring there will be some video footage of us on Facebook. It's a lot to absorb.

How do you answer "so, do you have any questions?"  Um. Yep. A lot. But I do not think the answers you give me will really be meaningful, not in the way the experience will be - I expect to be surprised, humbled, amazed and delighted. Is that too much to ask? From Africa? I think not.

It's getting close! Today is October 19th, 2011, just an ordinary day. And then again, I think not.

No comments: