Sunday, November 6, 2011

Countdown - one week until Ethiopia

Today is November 6, 2011.
One week from today, November 13, 2011 we will leave Minneapolis and get on a plane to go to Ethiopia. We are starting to pack, since this week will be busy and we don't want to forget anything important. We have our passports, visas, shots, travel insurance and meds. We picked up a few last minute things and now probably have to go out and get a few last-last minute things we missed yesterday.

We wanted a couple of bug repellent shirts and realized when we got home that they have sun protection but are not bug repellent. I think it's worth getting at least one or two...but I'm looking at my bag and wondering how I'm going to fit everything in there.

I'm planning to journal on good old fashioned paper while we are in Africa and then update those pages here afterward.

Madeline has a new camera, so hopefully we'll have a few pictures. I don't want to be obnoxiously taking pictures but also want to document some of the experience.

I'm starting to get nervous.
Calm down.

That didn't work. I'm still nervous.

It's Sunday morning and we are doing some of the usual - watching Sunday Morning News and the DVR of last nights Saturday Night Live episode with Maroon 5. I really like that guy's voice. Ate eggs, cottage cheese and fruit, egg nog...forgot to eat the yogurt. We have to eat up some of the food in the fridge this week. Busy week ahead. I think it would help a lot if I can get to sleep early and get up and get to work earlier than usual. I have been scattered and running behind schedule for a long time now and I think maybe with daylight savings ending or starting or whatever it did when we Fell Back, it's a good opportunity to shape up.

Breathe.
Move.
Eat healthy food.
Sleep.
Read.
Play.
Relax.
Pack.
And don't forget to Breathe.

No comments: